If you are looking for guilt-free yummy food, you can’t go wrong with healthy and tasty kosher food from Omnitsky’s kosher deli. You can also find Eppy’s Kosher label on a variety of wieners in select grocery stores in the lower mainland and on Vancouver Island that are perfect for preparing meals at home.
At Omnitsky’s kosher delicatessen on Oak Street in Vancouver, you can find foods to prepare or ready-made, and you can eat in or take out.
Why Kosher Food is Healthy and Guilt-Free
If you associate the term “kosher” with Jewish dietary laws, you are perfectly correct. It means foods that conform to these laws, which is good news for consumers, Jewish or not.
It is assurance to shoppers that the meat comes from animals that have been raised and slaughtered in a humane way, and Jewish shoppers know that all their dietary laws have been met for all food products that carry kosher certification labels.
You may, like many shoppers, carry a list of codes used in stores that tell consumers the country of origin of the food they are buying and whether it is organic or not. The intention of such shoppers is to try and buy the healthiest food possible and, if eating meat, receive assurance that the animals have not suffered on their behalf:
- If you choose meat that originates in Canada, you know the animals are not kept in small, torturous cages, and know that the packing houses are clean and inspected to meet Canadian standards.
- If you choose kosher meats, you know that the standards that must be met for a certification of “kosher” are rigorous and the same in every country, and kosher delicatessens are regularly monitored for cleanliness.
- Even though kosher foods may contain pre-processed ingredients, the determination of testing and approval for kosher certification has been adapted to include such elements.
- Eppy’s Kosher label is on over 150 products at Omnitsky’s kosher delicatessen, all of them MSG-free, and included are such items as gluten-free hot dogs!
A Variety of Foods are Available at Omnitsky’s Kosher Delicatessen
- The Restaurant – Soups made from scratch include such favourites as potato leek, roasted red pepper, no-salt-added chicken, and many more. You can also order any of tasty sandwiches from smoked meat to turkey roll made fresh daily with delicatessen products, as well as salads, pickled beets, and other tasty side dishes.
- Delicatessen Products – Choose from a variety of products including smoked turkey breast, corned beef, all-beef jumbo wieners with natural casing, and fresh whole and cut chickens, cooked and raw chicken livers, and ground chicken and turkey, kosher cheeses, and packaged goods.
- Prepared Foods – When you don’t feel like cooking, drop by and pick up everything you need for a delicious meal such as BBQ chicken, salads, and assorted breads. As well, you can take the worry out of entertaining by ordering veggie and fruit platters, or luncheon platters or deluxe platters and condiments that feed 15 to 20 people.
It is nice to know that you can purchase food retail, or order food from a delicatessen store and restaurant that is not only tasty but meets the rigorous standards demanded for kosher certification.
Welcome news to all health-conscious, educated shoppers!
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to the Omnitsky Kosher Delicatessen and a clickable link back to this page.